Are you looking for the best Voice of Customer software to understand what your customers want?
We have researched the top five Voice of Customer tools and highlighted their key features, pros, cons, and customer ratings to help you compare each tool. The research process included reading most recent G2 reviews for each of these tools and cite them in the analysis.
But before you choose a VOC software, let us quickly share our perspective on what Voice of Customer programs are and why should you start one at your organization.
What is Voice of Customer?
Strategic product teams are using Voice of Customer to help their internal teams align their efforts with customer expectations.
The goals of a successful Voice of Customer program result in:
- Continuous learning: Create a feedback loop where customer insights are used to refine and enhance products, services, and overall customer experiences.
- Customer Loyalty: Improved customer satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy.
A Voice of Customer program allows you to capture, assess, and analyze customer feedback and pain points. It encompasses all of the tools and processes your team uses to access customer insights throughout product development.
Why should you start a Voice of Customer program?
Organizations who are looking to make sure that their product teams understand what customers need and want so that they can make sure they are building. Many organizations feel key challenges with customer feedback in these areas:
- I don’t know where to find or share customer feedback
- There’s no single source of truth when it comes to customer and product feedback
- Customer feedback lacks context
- Difficult to close the loop with customers and internal stakeholders
Watch this video to see how Figma built their Voice of Customer program.
The Best VOC Tools in 2023
Let’s jump into the comparison of tools that can help you get set up with Voice of Customer program. This list was compiled using the most recent G2 reviews for the top VOC tools in the market.
- Custom taxonomy model: Every Enterpret customer receives a custom built model for their organization in as quickly as two days. All customer feedback is ingested, translated, and organized into relevant themes.
- Natural Language Processing Utilize text analytics and sentiment analysis to automatically categorize and understand customer comments and open-ended feedback.
- Actionable insights: Cut through the noise and easily identify top issues and find the most critical feedback to address and actionable insights.
- Anomalies: Catch new/emerging issues or gain a quick understanding of how releases and launches are performing.
- Dashboards: Automatically generate real-time insights through customizable dashboards and reports, enabling you to monitor trends, identify areas of concern, and make informed decisions and operate strategically.
- Integrations and API: Integrate with other customer feedback systems, CRM platforms, and business tools to streamline data flow and create a comprehensive view of customer interactions. See our full list of integrations here.
- Unified Repository of Customer Feedback: Enterpret effectively aggregates customer feedback from various sources (support channels, surveys, reviews, communities, social media, call recordings, etc), breaking data silos and making it easier for users to get a comprehensive view of the voice of customer. [1, 2, 3]
- AI-driven Feedback Categorization: The tool uses AI to automatically categorize and structure feedback, providing valuable insights without manual intervention. [1, 2]
- Visualization and Trend Identification: Enterpret offers visualization capabilities that allow users to easily identify trends and anomalies in customer feedback. This helps in quickly spotting areas of concern or positive feedback. [1, 2]
- Responsive and Supportive Team: Many reviewers have praised the Enterpret team for their responsiveness, willingness to take feedback, constantly improving the product, and offering exceptional customer service. [1, 2]
- Learning Curve: All analytics tools are challenging to learn and because Enterpret’s technology is new it means there’s a learning curve. But, fear not, the Enterpret customer success team is partner through out the process so you can get ramped up quickly and start using insights to support your team. . [1, 2]
- Noise: While Enterpret's AI is generally accurate, there are instances where it doesn't align with internal taxonomies or catches spam, leading to noise. The good news is Enterpret’s machine learning technology gets better when you flag discrepancies so it learns to filter out noise over time. [1, 2]
- Response Management: Some users request the ability to respond to customers directly from the platform.
2. Qualtrics Customer Experience
- Easy to Build and Customize Surveys: Qualtrics offers a user-friendly interface, making it easy to build and customize surveys. [1, 2]
- Powerful Analytics: Features like Text iQ for sentiment analysis and Dashboards for real-time insights, were frequently highlighted by the reviewers. [1, 2, 3]
- Effective Customer Relationship Management: Qualtrics aids in understanding and responding to customer needs, by enabling them to create tickets. 
- Training and Complexity: Some users find certain features deep and complex, requiring extensive training to fully understand and utilize them. 
- Continuous Updates: The frequent updates can be confusing and disruptive for some users.
- Pricing: Some users find the cost for a customer experience license to be high and desire more features within a single license. 
3. NICE Satmetrix CXM
- NPS Methodology: Being the originators of the NPS methodology, Satmetrix's expertise in this area was a highlight for many users.
- Comprehensive Customer Experience Management: Satmetrix offers a holistic view of the customer journey, integrating NPS with the customer journey, and providing tools like text analytics, social sharing, and close-the-loop functionality. [1, 2]
- Strong Support & Onboarding: The onboarding process, continued consulting, and dedicated customer success teams are highlighted as strengths. [1, 2]
- Learning Curve & Interface: Some users find the interface convoluted, not as intuitive as competitors, and feel there's a learning curve to fully utilize the software. [1, 2]
- Platform Limitations: Concerns about the platform's speed, stability, and ability to handle enterprise-wide adoption have been raised. [1, 2]
- Customization & Flexibility: A few reviewers mentioned the desire for more customization options, especially in terms of analytics and reporting. They wanted the ability to run more complex custom queries within the tool.
- User-friendly Interface: The platform is praised for its simple and intuitive UI, making it easy for users to comprehend information and navigate. [1, 2, 3]
- Real-time Insights: Many reviewers appreciate the ability to provide real-time monitoring of customer feedback, and structured insights generated using AI and NLP. [1, 2, 3]
- Sentiment Analysis: Sentiment assessment and chat analyzer tool are highlighted by several reviewers. This feature is crucial for understanding customer sentiment, analyzing open text, and improving services based on the feedback. [1, 2, 3]
- Integration & Usability Issues: Some users have reported facing integration challenges with their applications. Additionally, there are mentions of occasional usability problems, such as slow loading times, glitches, and difficulties in performing certain actions. [1, 2]
- Challenges with Customization: Users have expressed difficulties when trying to change the structure of topics or categories. There's also feedback about wanting more training or guidance to recognize specific contexts or to leverage all of Chattermill's features. [1, 2, 3]
- Setup Time & Dependency on Tech Team: Some users mentioned that it can take a few weeks for the AI to find the right themes or to be fully operational. A few reviewers have mentioned a dependency on the tech team as a limitation, suggesting that some tasks or functionalities might require technical expertise. [1, 2]
5. InMoment Experience Improvement Platform
- Ease of Use: The platform is straightforward to use and provides intuitive dashboards [1, 2, 3]
- Comprehensive Feedback Collection: It captures customer feedback from multiple sources like surveys, email, social media and call centers. 
- Actionable Insights: The platform provides actionable data that can drive company results and improve customer experiences. [1, 2]
- The dashboards are intuitive and offer valuable insights into customer sentiment and areas of improvement. [1, 2, 3]
- Cost & Additional Charges: The platform can be expensive, especially for smaller companies, and additional features may come at extra costs. [1, 2]
- Technical Challenges: Some users find the platform slow, and unreliable at times. Additionally, customization can require coding and technical expertise. [1, 2]
- Data & Integration Issues: Some users have expressed concerns related to natural language processing, where the platform might misinterpret feedback. Additionally, there are mentions of challenges with full integration of all tools within the platform, data compliance, and privacy policies. [1, 2, 3]
Now that you’ve read through five of the best Voice of Customer tools we hope you’re able to find the one that suits you best!
And while each of the software we mentioned has its pros, Enterpret offers the most accurate and insightful metrics in Voice of Customer tools.
To get started, sign up here and we'll connect you to a Voice of Customer expert on the team.